Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd. is able to provide coverage for the entire Aviation and Aerospace Industry..

Aircraft Hull insurance provides for hull (physical damage) coverage which may be written on an "all risks" basis for both on the ground and in flight, or either of these separately.

Aircraft Liability coverages include bodily injury (excluding passenger liability), passenger liability, and property damage liability, on a split or single limit basis. Medical payments coverages may be included if passenger liability is purchased. 

Professional Liabliity (Errors and Omissoins) for Aviation risks is our specialty.

Risks we insure include:
  • Private and Commercial aircraft 
  • Fixed wing aircraft 
  • Helicopters 
  • Balloons 
  • Ultralight 
  • Advanced Ultralights 
  • Float aircraft 
  • Homebuilt and Experimental
  • Work in progress
  • Drones
If you are a member of the Canadian Flying Farmers or an EAA Member you are eligible for special discounts and policy wording.

We are able to insure
Aerospace manufacturers  
Air taxis/charter and tourism services   
Airfields and fixed base operators
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
Business aviation (Industrial aid/executive charter)
Charter service  
Clubs and flying schools
Commercial aircraft and fleets 
Commercial rotor-wing aircraft     
Component manufacturers
Contractors Liability  
Float operators
Ground service providers
Light jets
Medical and rescue services     
Private aircraft and helicopters 
Refuelers and repairers  
Repair and service providers
Vintage aircraft and war birds  

  • Transport Canada
  • tab a
Transport Canada has particular rules and regulations regarding flying unmanned aircraft.  For example, you cannot fly higher than 90 metres and cannot fly within 9 km of an airport.  If you’re looking to use a drone, which weighs 25kgs or more, you will need to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate before you can use it. Drones which weigh between 2.1kg and 25kg might not require a Special Flight Operations Certificate if official exemptions are met. These exemptions include, but are not limited to, such things as age of operator, fly during daylight, keeping your aircraft/drone in direct line of sight and many others.
Transport Canada requires adequate liability insurance, regardless of the size of the drone. Transport Canada also advises a person or company must have at least $100,000 liability coverage. Since Transport Canada requires liability insurance for drone usage, flying without coverage could mean fines or penalties. Using a drone in an unsafe manner could result in local police being called in to determine if laws were broken, including privacy laws and the criminal code.
dsfa af